Thursday 8 May 2014

All About Me: The New Me

So as you may have worked out this post is pretty much about me. I won't bore you with the sob story because this isn't the X Factor. About 2 years ago I decided enough was enough of my boring non special life and I made a vow to change what I seen in the mirror every morning. That being said, looks weren't everything because let's face it if they were i would be a dick. I wanted to change how others saw me and how I saw myself, I wanted to change from being a weak minded boy to a man.

The Shit List...

I was a nice guy who always put others first. Where did that get me? Trampled on. I thought people saw my as a great guy but as it eventually clicked into my crazy mind I was only a pushover. I decided to change my perception of the world. It's was once a negative and I didn't like it. I decided to leave my high school life to find a new one. The rollercoaster of a ride landed me in college. This was the birthplace of the new and improved Curtis O'Neill, or so I thought. I wasn't ready for the change. Every fibre of my body said jump but my worries said no. I landed flat on my face and was emotionally vulnerable. One person who will never be named took complete advantage of this and bullied me. Here I was at 16 and still being a bullied little pushover. This annoyed me.

So what did I do?

I realised that I couldn't let all the negatives define who I was. I quickly got rid of that asshole I never named. Soon after I found myself becoming attracted to a girl I barely knew. I'll skip over all the awkward moments (As i will be discussing these later) and jump to my realization. I soon discovered that one other I had to do learn how to date and flirt like an adult. That is a nightmare that I'm still going through. I let the idea of dating consomme my thoughts all day. Life was complex.

This "New me" project that I started began to revolve around to idea of dating and attraction. I became obsessed in becoming the new me and began wrecking my brain in the process. 

Over the next few posts I will begin to break down all the little sections of my complex journey. 

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated" - 

Confucius


Keep life complex
Curtis X



No comments:

Post a Comment